Monday, May 30, 2011

Prayer rug

I teach the 7/8 year old primary class at church and yesterday's lesson was on prayer. So as a fun little extra for the class I decided to make prayer rugs. You place it next to your bed so when you step onto it before getting into bed and after getting out of bed, you rememeber to say your prayers. It is two layers of fabric sewn together and then I used my silhouette and freezer paper stenciling to paint the word prayer on it with black fabric paint.









I made eight so I would have enough for my class. Unfortunately they didn't go over as well as I had hoped. We only had a few kids show up (probably due to the holiday). And the kids that were there didn't really care about them. But hey, you win some, you lose some. And with 7 & 8 year olds it is really hard to tell what they are going to like (and it depends on the day).

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS! And have been meaning to tell you what a great idea it is!! Elliot has his next to his bunkbed ladder. I can't promise he uses it all the time, or ever- but I love that it is there and a good reminder!! I am thinking of making some for all of my little nieces and nephews for the holidays. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to set some (I don't know how many you have left) aside for my kiddos. I think wrapping them up for Christmas would totally be great gift for my family. :) Love ya and we are excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete