Tuesday, February 23, 2010

White Skirt

It has been a while since I sewed something for me. I used to sew tons of skirts and dresses for myself in high school. In college some of my sewing classes had us sew things for ourselves, but since then, I don't think I've done any. It is a little discouraging because most of the skirts I made for myself in high school don't fit anymore and well, I am now, um, pleasantly plump. Making things for myself isn't nearly as much fun anymore. But, my brother is getting married in a few weeks and I wanted something new to wear.

So, here it is. A new skirt. It is a bubble skirt, but modified. I used the waistband from one pattern, the bubble at the bottom from another pattern, and then instead of gathering it at the top, next to the waistband, I did pleats. So, a mixture of a couple patterns, plus my own ideas.

Maybe I will have to make myself some more skirts, so that I actually have church clothes that fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment