The college football season has just begun! A few days ago as I was thinking about that I looked through everyone's closet to find our BYU clothes. I found shirts for everyone, except Lena. I know we have one her size, but it must be hiding in some box of boys clothes somewhere. I found myself wishing I had some BYU fabric, but I don't live in Utah and you definitely can't find any of that around here. Then I remembered the fabric my MIL gave me a while back and thought I might possibly remember seeing some in there. So I sifted through the box and found a few scraps of BYU flannel. Yay! First I sketched a dress, but then I realized I didn't have enough fabric for a dress. So, I sketched a romper. But working with directional fabric, the scraps weren't big enough the right direction. At that point I could almost hear Tim Gunn "Make it work." haha (maybe I've watched too much Project Runway) So, I sketched a skirt and cut out a pattern piece, but I was just a little short on fabric. I reworked it one more time and came up with an idea that would work. I ended up with twelve panels of alternating fabric -a soft denim and the flannel BYU print. And an elastic waistband. It ended up being pretty simple, but the challenge was in designing. I had fun and it ended up pretty cute. I think it helped the Cougars win on Saturday too (someone had to put forth an extra effort).