Saturday, July 10, 2010

kids' party

My kids both have birthdays in early July so I opted to do a joint party for them and they couldn't be happier. After all they are only 1 and 3. Maybe when they are older we will seperate the celebrations a little more. Anyway, I knew that the few weeks prior to their birthdays were going to be pretty busy so I didn't want to add too much stress by making their party too much work. Of course, I still worried about some things, but I can't help that. It was very simple, the theme was just summer birthday and green. We did it at a park nearby that has water - almost a must for mid-summer. The only food we had was cupcakes and drinks. Other than that we just brought a few things to decorate (indicate that is was a party) and toys for the kids to play with. We brought buckets, squirt guns, balls, bubbles, chalk, etc. Really the only creating I did was the invitations:


(which btw I put the wrong address - not such a good idea)

and cupcake toppers and photo timelines of the kids:
I considered doing goody bags, but it turned out better not to this time. The kids had a lot of fun and the party was great (just a little hot)

No comments:

Post a Comment