Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Easter bunnies?

You know sometimes when you are crafting you have an idea in your mind, and it doesn't seem like it should be difficult, but then you start trying to execute and - it is a total flop? Well that happens to me quite often. Here is my latest example.

It's okay, you can laugh. These poor little fellas. (sigh) I just thought that since my daughter isn't going to be old enough to have Easter candy I would make a little stuffed bunny to go in her Easter basket instead. Seems pretty simple, right?

Attempt #1. Poor thing, I feel bad for it just looking at it. I used an idea that I saw online about using a pair of gloves to make little stuffed animals (I looked for the link, but can't find it; if you know what it is let me know and I will link it up), but mine didn't turn out too well. I admit that I didn't finish it. I was going to add a nose and a little dress. But when I got to this point I decided it wasn't worth it and wanted to try something different.

Attempt #2. This one only turned out slightly better (in my opinion; you may think it turned out worse). This one was from scratch. That should have clued me in to begin with. I just freehanded a pattern and made it up as I went along. haha And I was surprised it didn't turn out superb?! Oh well, Lena is so little she won't even care.
Update: My hubby got home and told me he thought my pink bunny was cute. Aww, such a sweet guy and a great husband. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment